At the end of the final crit for our main brief, we were asked to write an interim evaluation, evaluating the module at this point, from what I aimed to achieve to what I have actually achieved.
When I started this module, I was initially quite worried about how I would do a minimum of 5 individual briefs. At the start of the module the pressure of choosing our own briefs was very high, although I found that when I started actually doing the briefs I really enjoyed the fact that I was able to choose what I wanted to do.
I wanted to do a range of larger and smaller briefs, and I think I did that well as I have larger and smaller briefs for competitions and live briefs. I also wanted to take advantage of the fact that I could choose my own briefs, and do more of the kind of briefs I enjoy doing, rather than things I’m not so keen on like we often have to do with other briefs.
The Body Shop is the main brief I decided to go for, after going through the brief, I decided to change the target audience and adapt the brief slightly without completely changing it. I planned to have my main brief finished by this point but due to the fact that some of the other briefs I started have a sooner deadline. I decided that I would prioritize the briefs with the closest deadline.
I have started doing The Pink Teapot live brief, as the business cards and menu needed doing quickly, I decided to prioritize this brief over The Body Shop as that dealing isn’t for another two months. I have also done one competition brief for Tigerprint and another live brief for an avatar design. I think that at this point I thought that I would have got more briefs done, which means that I need to organise my time better and do more briefs.
This module for far has helped me to develop my skills and develop as a designer. I have found more of what I am interested in. I have also gained experience with working with clients, as I have never done a live brief before or worked with a real client. This is something that I wanted to get out of doing this module, experiencing working with real clients. Overall I think that this module has been a success although I think that I need to work a bit harder and more efficiently to meet my targets.