In this session as a group we had to discuss what design for print was.
What is design for print?
- You have to consider the printing process before designing.
- Consideration of format and layout.
- Easiest way to mass produce your design.
- Examples; Book, Poster, Magazine, Leaflet, Postcard, Stationery, Billboards, Packaging
- Processes; Screen Print, Laser Print, Ink Jet, Lino, Foiling, Collography, Lithography, Potato, Etching, Embossing, Letterpress, Textile, Stamps, Dark room printing.
- A design that intends to be physical.
- Promotion and distribution to inform and advertise.
- A design that intends communicates a message through image and text, in a visual way through a printing process.
This is the sentence we came to as a group, but found that questions can be asked after that, therefore it may not be able to be summed up into one simple sentence.
Processes of design for Print;
- Screen Print
- Laser Print
- Ink Jet
- Wood Block
- Heat Press
|My Screen Prints|
|My Digital Prints|