There are more materials that you can use than there is materials that you can't use, therefore we were told about the materials what we can't use, and showed examples of materials that can be used, and the types of things that could be done with them.
- We were told that metal is something that can't be used, this is because metal just reflects the laser and will do nothing.
- The machine is unable to cut mirrors or other reflective surfaces unless your using an acrylic mirror which gives an allusion of a mirror but its actually acrylic.
- It can laser into glass but cannot cut through it, so consider the options and designs when laser cutting onto glass.
- Never use brown lino when laser cutting as it lets off dangerous fumes if your around them for too long. Although you can use grey lino, that doesn't let off the same fumes.
- Be careful when using acrylic as it lets off strong fumes when laser cut, can pause the machine and leave the room for a bit and come back.
|Plastic (mirror replacement)|
The different effects that can be used when laser cutting are shown in the image below.
- Cut Through
- Kiss Cut