Thursday 20 February 2014

Typography Session 1

The Session
During this session we were first told to type our name in whatever font we want to chose.
I chose to use Optima, although it sounds like a simple task, a typeface is something that is really hard to chose especially when it is just one word, it says a lot about you as a person. This is something that we didn't have a lot of time to do therefore I made a rushed decision of Optima, although I am happy with my choice.

We were then given a job occupation and told to write the job occupation and your name in the style of a business card in whatever typeface we feel is appropriate.
I had a personal training, and after a short time to research the occupation, I found that I wanted to use a load and bold typeface, as most personal trainers are very in your face and don't take a lot of rubbish from anyone, and I think that this portrays this well.

We then turned all of our macs around to show everyone what we had chosen, as a group we went through a lot of them, showing what works and what doesn't.

I found this session really interesting, learning what to do and what not to do in general when using typefaces. Also the positioning of the typefaces on the design is very important, including how many words should be on one line, and they point sizes that are used for what. The next type session will be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment