Emily and I started to bring our illustrations and type together, we did this by seeing what the illustrations look like on the background.
We both agreed that the illustrations were a bit lost on the background, and that it would be better to use an area that was either really dark or really light as it would stand out a lot more. We also discussed the colour and which colours we were going to use with each illustration and type, we thought that it may look better if we had both the purple and the blue in the same design as it would give it more layers, and it looks better.
We looked into having a purple background with blue illustrations which I think works really well as it stands out a lot more than it does on the blue, although it looks slightly two dimensional, therefore I think that having an opacity on the background may work well.
Looking into the backgrounds for the campaign, I wanted to try and create a faded in effect as I think that it would look better and more legible to have a lighter background for the illustrations but a darker background for the text. This is something that I will show Emily to see what she thinks and whether she thinks its appropriate.
Moving forward from this I am going to create more illustrations using the purple and blue colours that we have decided on, so that we can put the text and illustrations together, and get the campaign signs started so that we can continue to make more things such as gift cards, posters and web design. Also we have a crit soon so we can find out what will need changing and adapting, and what works well.