Preparation For The Session.
In the first session we were asked to fill in our contracts thoroughly, so that we had something solid to look back at, if anything goes wrong. We started to do this by getting together and going through our ideas for the brief.
During this session we had time to have a small crit with two other partnerships, listening tho their ideas about their briefs, and discussing our brief. Whilst we were going through our brief, explaining what it was we were doing and how we were going to do it, we realised that the target audience that Oasis actually had, were different to the target audience that Oasis wanted us to design for. It made us think about who we were designing for, we thought about designing for Oasis's needs rather than what they want. Although if we did this they would probably discard our entry, but we also don't want to just design really cheesy childish messages like they want us to. We have decided that we will have a bit of both, it will be very girly and informal, but not cheesy, and not to 'chatty' in the use of language. We then had to fill out another sheet so that we had a definite idea of what we are going to do.
After the Session.
After the session we decided that we needed to go through our ideas further, looking into the colours that we will be using, also the typefaces, and how we are going to brand our designs so that we are both thinking the same way.
We also decided on the messages that we are going to use in the advertising campaign. We thought that it wouldn't be fair for just one of use to write the messages so we would write them together. The messages we creating were very simple and to the point, displaying a question then an answer. We wanted out messages to be direct and not as patronising or chatty as the current messages.
- Too busy to wait around? Give us a time and we'll deliver it to you.
- Got no cash? You can use PayPal in-store.
- Need help or advice? Talk to our personal stylists today.
- Got an NUS card? You students get 15% off all year round.
- Can't find your size? We will track it down and deliver it for free.
- Want to see what else we have? Free wifi in store to check out our Oasis app.
- Stuck for ideas? Treat your friends to an Oasis gift card.
- Want to get more from your Oasis experience? Get yourself a loyalty card.
- Want to get more involved? Follow us online.