Friday 3 May 2013

Evaluation Design Practice 1



BA (Hons.) GRAPHIC DESIGN
LEVEL
04
 Module Code 
OUGD406               


 Module Title
DESIGN Practice 1






END OF MODULE SELF-EVALUATION

NAME

Daisy Conway


1.  What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?

One of the skills which I have learnt this module is patience, as working in a group is difficult sometimes depending on who you are working with. Someone in the group liked to take control and didn’t let other people input their ideas or designs, I think that having patience in this allowed me to find something I would be able to do in the brief which was relevant so that I could contribute.


2. What approaches to/methods of design production have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?

Although I have done screen printing before, I have never done more than one colour print, in this module I have developed my screen printing skills. Screen printing has given me a bigger and better quality print for my poster in the speaking form experience, I think it added to my design, it will also allow the first years next year to see that there are different print processes that we can use, and these are some of the things we learn on this course,


3. What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?

I have found that screen printing is a strength, and it is something that I can develop further in my design. In the second year I will work on doing more screen prints and experimenting with using different colours. I have also found I can manage my time quite well under pressure, as well as having multiple deadlines. Creating simple illustrations with a limited colour pallet is a strength in my work, it is something I enjoy doing and think it works really well when using it in a minimal publication.


4. What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these in the future?

The weaknesses in my work is that I don’t know how to bind a book properly, therefore I used an alternate method, although I think that it looks more professional binding the book or publication properly. I also find like my lack of concentration made me sometimes make mistakes when printing my work, or when I was binding or chopping it down, therefore in future I will pay more attention, rather than just going into automatic mode.



5. Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?

What I would do differently next time, would be to be more assertive in my group brief, and demand that I had my designs put in the publication, rather than just accepting that the designs were wrong, when they weren’t.
I would screen print more of my work rather than just a poster as I think that it is a good production method.
Next time I would attempt to bind my publication properly, although I think the way that it was bound for speaking from experience was more appropriate for what I wanted it for.
I would concentrate more when binding as I made a few mistakes and had to re print and re bind my publication in speaking from experience.
I would do more development work and blog more as I go rather than blogging at the end of every week.


6.How would you grade yourself on the following areas:
(please indicate using an ‘x’) 

5= excellent, 4 = very good, 3 = good, 2 = average, 1 = poor

1
2
3
4
5
Attendance




x
Punctuality




x
Motivation



x

Commitment



x

Quantity of work produced



x

Quality of work produced



x

Contribution to the group



x

The evaluation of your work is an important part of the assessment criteria and represents a percentage of the overall grade. It is essential that you give yourself enough time to complete your written evaluation fully and with appropriate depth and level of self-reflection. If you have any questions relating to the self evaluation process speak to a member of staff as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment